What’s a role?
A role allows a person to exercise certain rights over other employees. The rules determine the rights per role.
Persons can be linked in the organisation chart to exercise a role on an employee. To determine who has a role over an employee, it is first checked who has a has a role over the employee in their group in the organisation chart. If no one exercises the role within this group, the higher levels in the organisation chart are checked (from the bottom to the top). The first person with the role that is found, will perform the role for the employee.
To make exceptions possible, one can link a role at the personal level . This one has priority on the role assigned in the organisation chart. Next to 'Connections' on the profile page you can find out who plays a role for the employee. If one clicks on the connection, one can see whether this role is linked via the organisation chart.
How? (extended version)
- Open the Configuration page from the main menu at the top.
- Open the organisation chart using the option in the Organisation block.
- Click on the group you want to add the employee(s) to.
- Click on 'add role'.
- Indicate the correct employee(s). It is possible to click on more persons. Via the search bar, you can find employees more quickly.
- Indicate the correct role in the option list.
- Adjust the start date. If necessary, an end date can be entered.
- Click on ‘Add’.
An employee can only be a member of one team, but can perform multiple roles in one or more teams. It is also possible that several persons play the same role in the same team.